Tuesday 15 January 2013

one half of the room are vampires

dragged a line through chalk, 
I sighed to say I'd made you talk,
I'd dragged you here by the neck,
away from love and loss and loving.

ankles tied tight swept out from under you,
away with the tide that will never come back,
away with the youth that burns behind you,
a comet tail on a commercial flight, 
spindly perfect cloud, trailing white, trailing white,
as the gold dust becomes... just sediment, 
sticks to the side of glass at the side of the sink.

you were brought here for a reason,
for recompense, for treason,
to sound out everything you believe in,
in simple symbols,
sighing cold in creaks,
like the window lets air in,
one sad sap at a time. 

I need to hear your epiphany,
I need it billowing through my neck,
but I'm stuck with your silence,
in a building without phones,
I need you to bring energy,
but you came empty fisted and alone,
I was waiting weighted like a freight cart,
without wheels, with broken bones,
a pack mule cut to pieces, 
a standard bearer waving madly, sweetly stoned, 
unaware of the subtext, the relevance, 
the debts 
happy hanging like a scapegoat,
crying idol all alone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment